Thursday, September 22, 2005

"Building Your Network Without
Building Relationships?"

by Sue Seward

Building your Network Marketing business without building relationships, whether it be on the internet, off the internet, or both, is like building a house without a FOUNDATION! As soon as the first big storm hits, it all washes away and you have to rebuild it again, don't you? This could be quite costly to you, couldn't it?

I found my company in November 1996 from an ad on the Internet. I had just moved to my community four months previous to joining them and had moved from another state about 1,300 miles away. So, consequently, I had no warm market here at that time. I had just bought my computer and was very green to the internet.

I was very interested in Network Marketing because of past experiences and had been studying the industry for quite some time and realized that Network Marketing was the career choice for me.

As far as online marketing goes, though, I never really put the two together until I found my company and the team I joined, which happened to be the Online Marketing Team (they have since changed the name because we have many people working the business offline as well as online).

In the beginning of developing my business I approached people that I was beginning to meet out in my community. I considered this group my "warm" market. Many of them are now my "HOT" market because of the relationships and friendships I've made with them in the last three years we've lived here. I've developed a trust with them. They see me still involved with the same company and are impressed. What I've been saying to them all these years is starting to sink in! It's called the "DRIP" approach. I just constantly drip little bits of information to my friends on a consistent basis. Sooner or later something clicks with them and they ask ME about it.

Most of my business partners, however, have come from Internet marketing. It took me longer to build this way because it is considered a "cold" market. But I have an ability to warm people up by building relationships with them even via the internet! We also happen to have a very duplicatable system online that anyone who chooses to make the commitment and put forth the effort can do.

It took me about a year and a half but because of my consistent efforts, determination, focus and commitment to my company, I am working with some quality people that I have developed relationships with online and have in fact, become friends with.

These folks are now duplicating my business building efforts all over the US and now we are forming a team in ASIA with experienced networkers! These are experienced network marketing professionals that actually contacted me and decided to join in my business.

I started out with placing ads on the Internet and AOL. Lot's of them, everyday. I was very diligent in my efforts. It took a ton of follow-up.

Eventually it comes time to speak with people on the phone to determine if they qualify. Because of our online system, by the time I do speak with someone by phone they are pretty warm.

I have also developed a presence online by becoming a promoter of the Network Marketing industry. I have become a helper and an encourager by giving back to the industry in general. I have gotten involved in MLM forum boards such as this one, and write articles, etc. to promote the industry. Some serious network marketing professionals are contacting me now.

This hasn't been something that has happened overnight. It's because of the relationships I've developed over time.

Building a relationship with your business partners will create strength and long-term stability in your organization. After all you are working to build a long term residual income, an income that you want to last. You do not want to continuously be starting over in your business do you?

I am also out in my warm market constantly talking to people and building more relationships that turn into friendships. I belong to the chamber, to a newcomers club, my local health club, etc. I do health fairs, in home presentations, go to chamber functions, etc. I'm always out there networking.

Does everyone join me in my business? Of course not. But I sure make a lot of friends! It's my life and I enjoy what I do very much. If I can help someone, even those that are not involved with my company, then I have done my job as a Network Marketing Professional.

Is it possible to build a network online? YES it is.... with a good duplicatable system, a strong commitment to succeed, a reputable company, a willingness to follow up and eventually build those relationships for strong stability and long term security.

Should you do this exclusively to build your network? In my honest opinion, NO you should not put all your network marketing eggs into one online marketing basket! You could choose to do this exclusively but it will most likely take more time to develop and sooner or later there will come a time when you will have to talk to people, whether you meet them online or offline!

Network Marketing is a relationship business! It's always been this way and it always will be! The more we try and get away from this the more we take away from what Network Marketing is really all about! It's about people reaching out to other people and helping them to become the BEST they can be!

I wish all of you much success in your Network Marketing career!

Sue Seward has been a student of the Network Marketing Industry for over 10 years. She has been a Stay At Home Business Mom for 8 years. Previous to this she was in the Customer Service/Marketing industry for over 10 years. She is a Professional Network Marketer that is very focused on promoting the industry in general. Ms. Seward is a Personal Fitness Trainer, certified by the Cooper Institute For Aerobics Research. She resides in Lake Jackson, Texas with her husband and two sons.


"Assisting People To Success - One Heart At A Time! (SM)


Lou Everett, Sr., NWMC

NOTE: If you would like a FREE coaching session, please send me an e-mail at: LouEverettSr@yahoo.com, with the word "Coaching" in the Subject, and your full name and phone number in the Body. Thanks!

Copyright 2005 by Lou Everett, Sr. All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:40 PM

    I'm just starting out with a new Network Marketing product and your article gave me encouragement and support. www.robersongroup.org

    ReplyDelete